This is a content license agreement form I wrote. Pretty much anybody who is serious about protecting their content can use smth like this. I use it to license my own photos to magazines, agencies, trade shows, etc. I’ve also used it for programmers, video production companies, authors, publishers and models. This form can be used as a starting point by pretty much anybody interested in protecting their valuable content.
Here it is in MS Word format. Use this template at your own risk. I provided it for educational purposes only and I cannot guarantee that it will be appropriate for your particular situation.
1. Licensor retains all ownership rights in the content. Licensee must credit the Licensed Content to Licensor.
2. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason. Licensee must then immediately cease use the Licensed Content and pay up all sums accrued.
3. Licensee indemnifies Licensor from damages arising out of any inappropriate or unauthorized use made by Licensee of the Licensed Content.
4. Licensor can audit Licensee’s books to verify the amount of royalties due. Even if you don’t intend to conduct any audits, it is still good to have an audit clause hanging over Licensee’s head so that they know you are serious. If the payment is lump sum without royalties, then audit clause can be erased.
5. Disputes are to be resolved by documents-only (no oral hearing) arbitration instead of going to court. If either party fails to pay its required share of arbitrator’s fees, then that party cannot present evidence or cross-examine witness.
6. Everybody guarantees they understand English and the English version of the Agreement prevails over all translations.
7. Parties can only rely on what’s written in the Agreement – there are no other binding understandings, discussions or representations.
to the Licensed Content whatsoever. Licensee cannot republish, share or use in any other way the Licensed Content after the expiration or termination of this Agreement.