I. REGULATIONS ADDRESSED
– COPPA (Children’s privacy)
– GDPR (EU users)
– CCPA (California users)
– CalOPPA (DoNotTrack disclosure)
– Direct marketing
II. LOOK AND FEEL:
· Preview without having to fill in fields or give email? No. Must fill in fields and give email.
· Formats offered:
o Copy text to clipboard
o They’ll host unique URL with your generated PP
· Allowed to host PP on your own platform? Yes
· PP includes the generator author’s links/acknowledgements? No
· Excessive ads/popups? No
· Claim to be written by a lawyer? No
· Appears professionally-written? Yes
· Plain English or legalese? Balanced
· Explanations/instructions/help/hints? No
· Level of customization? None – LOW– Adequate – Too Much. Must pay for legally required provisions.
· Right to modify at any time? Yes
· Can be used for both website and app? No, website only. Must pay to add app.
· Addresses cases of selling of PI? No
· Newsletter option? No
· Security issues disclaimer? Yes
· Effective Date? Yes
· Contact Us field? Yes
IV. VERDICT: 2/10
The free version is inadequate. Does not address the most important privacy regulations.