My evaluation of the TermsAndConditionsGenerator.com. It’s a copy of TermsofUseGenerator.net which copied its Terms template from Cooley GO. Nevertheless, TermsAndConditionsGenerator.com generates a different template from all of the above. Let’s review the one I generated here.
- What liability protections are included? Disclaimer of warranty. No limitation of liability, indemnity, etc.
- Free preview without having to fill in fields or give email? Yes.
- Appears professionally-written? No.
- Plain English? No.
- Explanations/instructions? No.
- Level of customization? Low.
- IP ownership provisions? Yes.
- IP provisions for user-submitted content? Yes.
- Acceptable Use Policy? No.
- Procedures re copyright infringement? Not exactly, although there is a procedure for removal of objectionable links.
- Right to modify Terms at any time? Yes.
- Right to terminate/ban any user account at any time? Yes.
- Governing Law set close to your headquarters? No. It’s set to Netherlands, even if you enter your location in another country. Probably a bug in the generator. Needless to say, Netherlands is an inconvenient venue for those who do not reside there.
- Arbitration clause included? No.
- Ecommerce-specific provisions? No.
- Can host the ToS on your own platform? Yes.
- ToS include the generator author’s links/acknowledgements? Yes.
(Do not use, or you can end up having to resolve disputes in Netherlands)