My evaluation of the Avodocs free ToS generator. First impression is that the interface is very user-friendly and there is a live preview which highlights the changes you make in real time. Not only is this feature very convenient, it also automatically educates you to become a better drafter yourself:
So, how is the final generated document? Let’s review.
- What liability protections are included? Disclaimer of warranty, limitation of liability, indemnity.
- Free preview without having to fill in fields or give email? Yes, live preview with redline, one of the best among the free ToS generators.
- Can be used for both website and app? Yes.
- Appears professionally-written? Yes.
- Plain English? Yes.
- Explanations/instructions? Yes.
- Level of customization? Very Good.
- IP ownership provisions? Yes.
- IP provisions for user-submitted content? Yes.
- Acceptable Use Policy? Yes.
- Procedures re copyright infringement? Yes.
- Right to modify Terms at any time? Yes.
- Right to terminate/ban any user account at any time? Yes.
- Refund policy or free trial option? Yes, basic, non-customizable free trial & refund clauses are generated within the ToS.
- Governing Law set close to your headquarters? Yes, works good for USA-based platforms. No provision for jurisdiction/venue.
- Arbitration clause included? No.
- Ecommerce-specific provisions? Yes.
- Can host the ToS on your own platform? Yes.
- ToS include the generator author’s links/acknowledgements? No.
(User-friendly, good deal of liability protections and ecommerce provisions).