My evaluation of the TermsofUseGenerator.net. Sample ToU created with that free generator here.
- What liability protections are included? Disclaimer of warranty, limitation of liability, indemnity.
- Free preview without having to fill in fields or give email? Yes.
- Appears professionally-written? Yes.
- Plain English? No. Legalese.
- Explanations/instructions? No.
- Level of customization? Low.
- IP ownership provisions? Yes.
- IP provisions for user-submitted content? Yes.
- Acceptable Use Policy? Yes.
- Procedures re copyright infringement? Yes.
- Right to modify Terms at any time? Yes.
- Right to terminate/ban any user account at any time? Yes.
- Governing Law set close to your headquarters? No. For the US users, “any hearing will be held in a location within 100 miles” of the end user’s residence. This is a bad provision that could result in a situation where you will have to go to the other side of the country to resolve disputes if the complaining user lives there.
- Arbitration clause included? Yes, but it’s too complex for users of free ToS generators.
- Ecommerce-specific provisions? No.
(Botched copy-paste job)